Westwood Property Management Inc., is seeking an Accountant position to be based in Franklin, TN.
Westwood Management is experiencing continued growth in the greater Nashville area and is continuing to build out its core team. Our team is enthusiastic and works vertically and horizontally across the company to provide excellent customer service without skipping a beat. We strive to connect with all our customers and clients so that we can help give shape to future growth opportunities which start with our relationships.
The accountant position will be a key part of the Westwood team providing critical assistance in the recording of financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting company’s finances. This position requires an experienced professional with experience in accounting/finance. This individual must be comfortable juggling many priorities in a challenging environment. S/he must be highly organized, have excellent communication skills, be high energy, and have a cheerful outlook.
The successful candidate must be meticulous, accounting/finance literate, and driven to perform at their highest level. This must be a fun, friendly and open-minded individual who embodies a strong team-first attitude. They also must be responsive and adapts quickly to change and can embrace challenges when they arise. Lastly, this individual is eager to become a part of a fast-growing company and wants to champion the advancement of the team.
About the Role:
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements on time
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Prepare year end financials for tax preparer and ensure timely filing of all tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Assist property managers and board members with financial report questions
- Make corrections to financial reports at property manager or board members requests
- Follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in preparation of financial reports
- Required Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferred but not required 1-3 years’ accounting/finance experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbally
- Organized with the ability to priority-set and implement multiple projects with follow through
- Proven ability to adapt plans as needed based on results
- Basic understanding of Homeowners Associations and Tennessee Real Estate
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and/or corresponding Google Docs tools
Interested in joining the team? Send us a cover letter and your resume explaining why you would be great for the job. We value individuality and variety, so make sure to tell us what you are all about. Please email all cover letters and resumes to Cody Blair at email@example.com.
Westwood Management is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.